Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy parts

Options
  • 13-06-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Apart from Ebay where's a good place to buy laptop replacement parts...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Depends on the laptop.

Getting parts for laptops isn't great for the most part anyway.

Here's a thread with links though http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054997268

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What's wrong with the laptop? Half the time, unless you know the exact problem, the "fix" may become a money pit black hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

the_syco wrote: »
    What's wrong with the laptop? Half the time, unless you know the exact problem, the "fix" may become a money pit black hole.

The fan is broken (ie blade is broken it still spins but with only 2 blades) and the touchpad doesn't work.. Both easily fixed I found them from a uk site cheap enough.. Also I got extra ram 1gb is a bit slow for win vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

U_Fig wrote: »
    The fan is broken (ie blade is broken it still spins but with only 2 blades) and the touchpad doesn't work.. Both easily fixed I found them from a uk site cheap enough.. Also I got extra ram 1gb is a bit slow for win vista.
    Grand so. Get a bit of Artic paste for the CPU/fan as it does a good job. As for the touchpad; just ensure it's not a setting swtiched off in the BIOS and/or control panel, as most people I know have it disabled as they use a mouse.

Advertisement