Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet suit - where to buy

Options
  • 13-06-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello everybody,

for ***swimming*** I would like to buy a wet suit as I consider the water temperature in Lough Derg as uncomfortable for me ;-)

What suit would you recommend for that purpose?

I am about 1,90 metre and a 120 kg, so I definitely need a larger size.

Where to buy in the Clare region?

Thanks,
    Jörn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 markdebarra

You could try Planet Tri at Unit 4, Convent Hill, Shopping Centre, Killaloe, Co.Clare. Tel:061 622062
    More triathlon related swimming gear but worth a look.

Maybe pop over to Lahinch surf shop. They would have 3mm wetsuit what would do the job for you.
    Lahinch Surf Shop, Old Promenade, Lahinch, Co. Clare, Tel:065 7081543

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Kilkee dive center is closed they would have been great . Other than that im no use other than to tell ya they are closed if someone else suggests them

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

The surf shop in Lahinch is yer only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Get a tri wetsuit, huge difference in the cut of a surf suit and tri suit. Tri suit allows a lot more arm rotation than the surf suit. Might be more expensive but a far better option if you are or want to be a serious swimmer. A surf suit will hodl you back make your arms tired and make you not want to swim open water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Kilkee dive center is closed they would have been great . Other than that im no use other than to tell ya they are closed if someone else suggests them

They are trading again in kilkee. Main street of town, above the greyhound bar (the skinny dog). Open weekends all summer and probably busy days as well once school is out. Its worth a visit for suits and other bits, last time i was there everything was 50 % off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Brill . I was only talking to steve a few weeks ago . Thats great are they still organiseing dives ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

im not sure tbh. If you get a definitive answer post it here!

Advertisement