Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD before BSc?

Options
  • 13-06-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm currently half way through my course on the way to a degree. Our lectures were connected between couple of different classes, including guys who were doing Higher Diplomas in the same course.

Now here's the thing - the HD guys are leaving this year, after doing the same classes and exams as I did. They are walking away with HD, and have option to continue to do Bsc. However, I am being told that I am not due HD because that's not course I originally started.

This doesn't seem to make sense to me - surely I should be entitled to the same recognition?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

In CIT you can do a level 8 course or a level 7, in order to progress from the level 7 to the level 8 you join year 3 of the level 8, so you spend 5 years in college to get the level 8, whereas a level 8 from start to finish is 4 years.

So maybe they will have their diploma but end up going back a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

HD is a level 9,

Are you in Computer Dept ? If so they create a Number of HD for people with level 8 in lets say Arts or Accounting,

Where they have no job, were the Level 9 or HD is a one year course to get there feet wet in the Sector and have a Cert so maybe they can find a job in the Computing World.

For you you will need since your are either doing a level 7 or 8 Course need to finish this, and do a Level 9 or do your BA(Hons) which is also a Level 9 and a BA in Hons is better then just a HD.

Advertisement