Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

English plates and tolls

Options
  • 13-06-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Does anyone know if you drive through the toll on the M50 with an English reg car that you will be charged? The car isn't in my name, in fact it's in a Company's name in the U.K. I am getting my Irish plates on Sunday. Just don't want a big fine or if that is possible at all since the car isn't registered in my name yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lisademps wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you drive through the toll on the M50 with an English reg car that you will be charged? The car isn't in my name, in fact it's in a Company's name in the U.K. I am getting my Irish plates on Sunday. Just don't want a big fine or if that is possible at all since the car isn't registered in my name yet.

You probably wont get an answer in "Satellite" section

Post in "Motors"

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are an Irish resident Irish person, it may be illegal for you to drive the car in the first place. Just go to your local Payzone outlet and pay the toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lisademps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You have a certain amount of time to pay the toll, you just call up, quote your reg and pay the toll. Simples :)

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Hi lisademps,

If you have undertaken a journey on the M50 with an English License Plate Number you would still be required to pay the toll within the 8pm deadline, even though it is not registered in the Republic of Ireland as of yet.

To pay for your toll, you can pay in a Payzone outlet that accept payments in cash on our behalf.

You can contact the call center on 1890-50-10-50, opening hours are 7:00am to 23:00pm, Monday to Sunday.

You can also pay online on our website www.eflow.ie. Where you can also register the vehicle for cheaper tolls and automatic payment also.

Standing by,
    Colm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 lisademps

Cool thanks every one. I just wasn't sure listening to different stories. Done and paid now :)

• Company Representative Posts: 62 Verified rep eFlow: Reps

Cool thanks every one. I just wasn't sure listening to different stories. Done and paid now :)

Hi lisademps,

Happy to hear that it has been sorted for you. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask!

Standing by,
    Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Hi lisademps,

Happy to hear that it has been sorted for you. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask!

Standing by,
    Colm.

Out of interest if someone in a UK registered car was on holiday and they passed through the toll bridge and didn' pay would they receive an invoice and fine to their UK address?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

lisademps if I was you I'd keep the english plates. Let these eflow parasites go after you in the UK and see how far they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Jumboman wrote: »
    lisademps if I was you I'd keep the english plates. Let these eflow parasites go after you in the UK and see how far they get.

Did you even read the OP?

• Advertisement

Valetta wrote: »
    Did you even read the OP?

Yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Yes...

So you're suggesting that the OP doesn't re-register the car, as he is obliged to do and risk having it siezed.... all to save €3? :rolleyes:

Valetta wrote: »
    So you're suggesting that the OP doesn't re-register the car, as he is obliged to do and risk having it siezed.... all to save €3? :rolleyes:

6euro a day more like which adds up to more than a grand a year.

I have never heard of anyone having their car siezed for not paying a toll.

They NRA even admit that most foreign cars dont pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have never heard of anyone having their car siezed for not paying a toll.
    Think about it for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP has got their answer so before this descends further I'll just close it.

Jumboman, OP must re-register car onto IRL plates or it will be seized.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement