Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanist services

Options
  • 13-06-2013 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Looking for potential locations for humanist funeral, in or near the northside of Dublin (city centre as far north as say Swords). Graveyard based like Mount Jerome or Glasnevin are out due to another graveyard being used for burial. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Looking for potential locations for humanist funeral, in or near the northside of Dublin (city centre as far north as say Swords). Graveyard based like Mount Jerome or Glasnevin are out due to another graveyard being used for burial. Any help appreciated.

Have you contacted the Humanist Association? I'm sure they would have some suggestions and I know they'd be very helpful. There's a phone number to talk to them on the "contact a celebrant" link on this page: http://humanism.ie/ceremonies-2/funerals/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Can't seem to get through to the humanist association... Will keep trying but just bumping thread in case anyone has suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Can't seem to get through to the humanist association... Will keep trying but just bumping thread in case anyone has suggestions.

Do you need to have some sort of official accreditation to do a funeral?

It might be a lot to ask of someone but you could ask a non-official person to do the honours maybe? Someone who you respect and has good oratory skills.

Maybe not ideal but might be worth considering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Gbear wrote: »
    Do you need to have some sort of official accreditation to do a funeral?

It might be a lot to ask of someone but you could ask a non-official person to do the honours maybe? Someone who you respect and has good oratory skills.

Maybe not ideal but might be worth considering?

I'm not sure tbh.
    I think we will be contacting one of the "celebrants" directly, just need somewhere to actually hold the funeral, preferably not a funeral home but can't seem to find info on alternative venue.

Advertisement