Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FÁS course question

Options
  • 13-06-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am about to start a progression course (Microsoft Word Expert) which was set up by a FÁS tutor, I would be doing this from home. My question is do I need todo anything specific with the social welfare office (Sign Off, Let them know what I'm doing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

If it's run through FAS then you don't. I did an online Java course with them while on Jobseekers and had to sign on as normal. They should of filled you in on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Marsden wrote: »
    If it's run through FAS then you don't. I did an online Java course with them while on Jobseekers and had to sign on as normal. They should of filled you in on this.

The tutor said she wasn't sure and had told me to enquire in the local FÀS office. Thanks for the swift answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Oh right I didn't realize the FAS tutor was running it privately. If it's a short course could you just do it and say nothing to welfare. If it's online I assume you can do as much as you want per day. Probably not the best advice to be giving but I'd probably do this myself. For an online FAS course you wouldn't get the extra 50 quid training allowance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Marsden wrote: »
    Oh right I didn't realize the FAS tutor was running it privately. If it's a short course could you just do it and say nothing to welfare. If it's online I assume you can do as much as you want per day. Probably not the best advice to be giving but I'd probably do this myself. For an online FAS course you wouldn't get the extra 50 quid training allowance anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement