Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant question

Options
  • 13-06-2013 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Quick question regarding the grant, in two years time I will be going back to college with the second chance grant, the thing is I plan on going to Canada next summer for the year and then coming back for college, ive been informed that I would not be eligible for it as ive not been in the country for the previous 12 months anyone know if this is true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

astonaidan wrote: »
    Quick question regarding the grant, in two years time I will be going back to college with the second chance grant, the thing is I plan on going to Canada next summer for the year and then coming back for college, ive been informed that I would not be eligible for it as ive not been in the country for the previous 12 months anyone know if this is true

Grant rules change every single year so we cannot answer your question accurately. For example they could decide next year to abolish the second chance student option or you might come back in 2 years and find they've been replaced with a loan system.

Under current rules you have to be able to prove residence in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Grant rules change every single year so we cannot answer your question accurately. For example they could decide next year to abolish the second chance student option or you might come back in 2 years and find they've been replaced with a loan system.

Under current rules you have to be able to prove residence in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years

Well thats two years in Canada out then I guess :(, Spent a year in Aus which will come into it

Advertisement