Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrier billing now available

Options
  • 13-06-2013 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

You need to be on 3 and also you need to be using mobile data not wireless but it's there as an option now. I'm on pre pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

On their twitter account of 3 Ireland they say it's rolling out so not to worry if you don't have the option yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Just found out, colour me delighted.

I assume it just takes it from your credit amount straight away?

C-Shore wrote: »
    Just found out, colour me delighted.

I assume it just takes it from your credit amount straight away?

I actually never checked my credit, but I think how it works is it takes it after 15 minutes ie the time you can get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

this is great news :pac:
    i'm on prepay with 3 as well & often have credit left over

is it just on play that you can use this or for NFC payments too?
    & are 3 the only irish network that do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Any chance we'll see carrier billing coming to Spotify?

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Any chance we'll see carrier billing coming to Spotify?

I don't know what the limitations of carrier billing are in terms of repeat charges, I haven't experienced it with any other apps but it could certainly be possible.

The only other thing that might stop them from implementing it could be if the "cut" that Google and Three take on play store carrier billing is bigger than in card and PayPal payments.

It would be nice to have it though.

Yeah it would suit alot of people who top up €20 every month. I just thought about it and googled it and its been done in america on Sprint. I'd say we'll be waiting a while but no harm in letting 3 know we'd like to see it.

Yeah it would suit alot of people who top up €20 every month. I just thought about it and googled it and its been done in america on Sprint. I'd say we'll be waiting a while but no harm in letting 3 know we'd like to see it.

Well then it's possible. I wouldn't say it's a matter of getting three to do it because they've already set it up, it's probably more on spotify to sort it out as an option.

I'd love to see it too, and as you said, having carrier billing is great for making use of the €20 top up.
    Before they introduced it, my credit level was at about €140!
    So it's great to make use of it for my spotify subscription rather than just spending it on apps because I can't use the credit for anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

With regard to carrier billing on the Three network, can anyone figure out a way to buy a phone from Three.ie using carrier billing ?

0lddog wrote: »
    With regard to carrier billing on the Three network, can anyone figure out a way to buy a phone from Three.ie using carrier billing ?

You can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

You can't.

Wonder why ?

Is it a commercial issue or just that they cant be @rsed to sort the website checkout function ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone got a how to guide for setting this up on 3 prepay?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Anyone got a how to guide for setting this up on 3 prepay?

Erm for me, just go on the play store and try to buy something when you're using data (not wifi)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Off the top of my head you have to resubscribe.

Although, won't that delete your history and playlists etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

C-Shore wrote: »
    Off the top of my head you have to resubscribe.

Although, won't that delete your history and playlists etc.?

Nope, your account is preserved even if you cancel then sub again at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So after swapping to a dual sim Chinese phone I then noticed this:

zzyEC2dl.jpg

I wasnt sure if this was:
    - Swapping my sim from Micro to Nano (thus new ICCD)
    - Dual Sim
    - Device Location

After a bit of faffing about, worked it out. As its a chinese ROM the PS doesnt come isntalled as default and thus doesnt automatically have 100% permissions.

Give it SMS and Telephony access and away you go!

sDwGvn5l.jpg

Hope this helps somebody else with issues as Three have feck all documentation of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Pardon my ignorance but what is carrier billing...?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Pardon my ignorance but what is carrier billing...?

Being able to use phone credit or add purchases to your phone bill on the Google play store. Really handy. Not available on Tesco Mobile it seems :( Shame because I've always got 6 or 7 euro left over at the end of the month from my 15 euro top up.

Advertisement