Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby

Options
  • 12-06-2013 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Looking for a Rugby club for a 17 year old boy. I know most Rugby is played here during the winter but does anyone know of anything he could get involved in during the summer ?

Were based in North dublin.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

There are some Rugby League clubs in North Dublin and they play during the Summer.

Other than that you'll have to wait until late July or August until pre season starts for union.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

CatFromHue wrote: »
    There are some Rugby League clubs in North Dublin and they play during the Summer.

Other than that you'll have to wait until late July or August until pre season starts for union.

I thought pre season kicked off in a couple of weeks - is that adults only?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

durkadurka wrote: »

A few clubs would be back that early but most wouldn't season doesn't really start till last week September or early October . What part of North Dublin are you in are a few clubs about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Season for underage generally very close to when schools come back end august/start September. Adults earlier and clubs would be training in July
    Is it just for summer or more?
    Check leinster website for clubs that played at under 17/19 level last season as you will be able to see which clubs nearby which fielded and would suit the best for the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

CatFromHue wrote: »

You wouldn't happen to know which clubs they are would you ?
    durkadurka wrote: »

He's 18 next month so if it does that might suit....
    A few clubs would be back that early but most wouldn't season doesn't really start till last week September or early October . What part of North Dublin are you in are a few clubs about?

Were in Donabate so theres clubs I know of in Skerries , Swords, Malahide , Balbriggan and Clontarf. Anything in Dublin he can get to easy enough with public transport when we can't drop him would suit though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

aaabbbb wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to know which clubs they are would you ?

He's 18 next month so if it does that might suit....

Were in Donabate so theres clubs I know of in Skerries , Swords, Malahide , Balbriggan and Clontarf. Anything in Dublin he can get to easy enough with public transport when we can't drop him would suit though.
    18 next month is ideal in terms of Adult rugby as you have to be 18 to play adult rugby.
    Is it just for the summer? Skerries and Balbriggan are good for underage rugby if its underage rugby he would be playing while Clontarf would have the most sides fielding at adult level of the clubs you list.
    Is it just for the summer or for full season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

ormond lad wrote: »
    18 next month is ideal in terms of Adult rugby as you have to be 18 to play adult rugby.
    Is it just for the summer? Skerries and Balbriggan are good for underage rugby if its underage rugby he would be playing while Clontarf would have the most sides fielding at adult level of the clubs you list.
    Is it just for the summer or for full season?

Just the summer , he already plays in school so it'd just be something to keep him ticking over and occupied while he's off until September.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Just the summer , he already plays in school so it'd just be something to keep him ticking over and occupied while he's off until September.

play some tag, good training, aside from tackling, good for running plays and such and serious fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

play some tag, good training, aside from tackling, good for running plays and such and serious fitness

ye I would go with this aswell. Given that he is only 17 I wouldn't be pushing his body to be playing too much continuous full contact rugby.

Advertisement