Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Planters / Troughs Wanted

Options
  • 12-06-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction I'm desperately seeking a large rectangular planter/trough measuiring approx 1.5m-2.0m x 0.8m-1.0m x 0.5-1.0 (lxbxh) for my garden. I have scoured south east of the country over the last two years without any luck .

I could build a trough but I would prefer something a little less permanent. And i am open to what kind of material it is made of provided it does not break the bank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

Jambo wrote: »
    Hi all,

I would be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction I'm desperately seeking a large rectangular planter/trough measuiring approx 1.5m-2.0m x 0.8m-1.0m x 0.5-1.0 (lxbxh) for my garden. I have scoured south east of the country over the last two years without any luck .

I could build a trough but I would prefer something a little less permanent. And i am open to what kind of material it is made of provided it does not break the bank.

Have you tried farmers' co-ops?
    Some water troughs would be this size, available in concrete or galvanise.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

I was in Wisley a few years ago and there was a demonstration of creating one of these from fish boxes. I didn't fancy it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Have you tried farmers' co-ops?
    Some water troughs would be this size, available in concrete or galvanise.

My Potatoes,

Thanks - but is for flowers out my front garden - these may look a little industrial/agricultural

blackplum123 - interesting it may be an option but at the moment I hope to get something off the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hi all,

Have a look on adverts.ie. people making them to size. A handy man could make them out of pallets either

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

My Potatoes,

Thanks - but is for flowers out my front garden - these may look a little industrial/agricultural

blackplum123 - interesting it may be an option but at the moment I hope to get something off the shelf

The National Garden Exhibition Centre in Kilquade,County Wicklow have various shaped large planters for sale at the moment.

http://www.gardenexhibition.ie/

PT wooden planters and also fibrecrete and abs plastic planters.

A few pics.

PS-If you are anyway handy at DIY,then you could knock up PT wooden planters yourself for not too much dosh.

I was in Wisley a few years ago and there was a demonstration of creating one of these from fish boxes. I didn't fancy it myself.

RHS Wisley Gardens and House is an absolutely fantastic place to visit.

We have been there a few times,and loved every minute of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Paddy 147 - Cheers I think thats my problem solved as thats exactly what we want - ill try make a trip up that way tomorrow or sat.

Do you know how much the black and gray rectangular ones in DSCN0526.JPG are ?

Paddy 147 - Cheers I think thats my problem solved as thats exactly what we want - ill try make a trip up that way tomorrow or sat.

Do you know how much the black and gray rectangular ones in DSCN0526.JPG are ?

I didnt look at the prices...just took the pics.

Its free in to walk around the beautifull show gardens,so bring the camera with you.;)

Also a lovely cafe there that serves some of the nicest food too.:)

On the way back from the garden exhibition centre,you could stop off at Mount Usher Gardens in Ashford.

http://www.mountushergardens.ie/

Again a fantastic place to visit and it too has a nice garden centre.:)

Advertisement