Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job ideas abroad for the summer?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

My Wife, our three year old son and myself are in the lucky position of being free for the summer and we're looking for ideas of how to best spend the time. We're ideally thinking of work aboard, once we covered travel and expenses we'd be happy, so maybe summer camps or similar. My wife is a primary school teacher, and a qualified accountant, I'm in IT and we're both keen kayakers.

So any ideas?

I've posted this else where but thought this would be another good forum for suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Great that you have the free summer.

Sign up for workaway.info or helpx.net for a fee of about 20 euro and start contacting hosts that will take you and your children into their home. They will feed you guys and give you beds in exchange for a few hours work per day. Brilliant experience. I am currently in sweden volunteering and you can go anywhere in the world.

A good tip would be to check where the cheapest place to fly is and contact hosts in that area and also look for "last minute workaways" on the workaway website!

I really cannot recommend these enough.

Maybe one of the teaching english links below may appeal to your wife!

Anyway Good Luck

General information on holiday destinations:
    www.lonelyplanet.com
    www.wikitravel.org
    www.tripadvisor.com
    couchsurfing.org
    rideshare.co.uk
    hitchwiki.org

Hostels:
    www.hostelworld.com
    www.hostels.com

Working abroad: