Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Speed Trouble

Options
  • 12-06-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi people, so for the last while after 4pm to around 4 am the speed of the broadband is quite pathetic, we are on a 7Mb package, and well between them times we get <1Mb/s with pings of around 120ms. outside them times we get around 6.8Mb/s with pings of 80-90ms still pretty bad.

we are no more then 100m away from the exchange in Kells, Co. Kilkenny. Taken into account that the broadband would be slower in peak times, the speeds we get are still extremely bad.

Anyone else experiencing this lately?

Dose eircom limit speed during peak times?

and finally what can be done other then switch as we are not out of contract till September, and I am getting sick of calling tech support and hearing the same things all the time, and even having a technician set out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Having the same trouble with Imagine/Wimax and my conclusion is that there are not expanding there servers to account for their customers hence **** broadband compared to the rest of the world. They are greedy and a typical Irish company. Im sorry I cant be of more help to you as Im at my wits end with our broadband service.

This video is pretty funny but at the same time very true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0ilMx7k7mso

Oh and to get the problem sorted just tell them you are refusing to pay the next bill until the problem is sorted I did that with Wimax and I was put onto the manager straight away, the customer service team cant do jack s**t for you. Not trying to be rude but if you want things done get pushy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

You're lucky, I'm on the 7mb plan and we get <1Mb/s all day every day.

Advertisement