Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my prescription, what do I do?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

:o I'm usually very careful about where I put it so I have no idea what happened it. I can only imagine that it went in the bin by accident. It was a 3 month one with 2 months left on it. Can doctors issue replacements? There was a strong painkiller on it amongst other medication so I'm worried the doc will think I'm some sort of junkie chancer :pac: My OH used to work in a chemist and he reckons it'll be fine that there is a system in place that the doctor can tell that the prescription wasn't filled but I'm still worried.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Ask your pharmacist/GP what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...My OH used to work in a chemist and he reckons it'll be fine that there is a system in place that the doctor can tell that the prescription wasn't filled...

There's no such system.

As Bleg says, talk to your pharmacist.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Question answered, thread closed.
    Please read forum charter as medical advice not allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement