Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet slower

Options
  • 12-06-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

Has the internet as a whole slowed down since the Spamhaus cyber attack or is it just a coincidence that the internet cafés I use and my home & work connections are noticeably slower than before?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Paul74910

rubbish

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

to certain sites? in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I've had my computer re-imaged in work because of it , made no difference , there's an internet café I use regularly in town and my home meteor connection has slowed down. I'm having to wait for 3 min videos in Youtube to load for 7-8 mins , not in work obviously.

Are you saying that the internet slowing down around the world is rubbish or what I'm saying I'm experiencing is rubbish?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21954636

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,156 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seanachai wrote: »
    Are you saying that the internet slowing down around the world is rubbish or what I'm saying I'm experiencing is rubbish?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21954636

He's saying your hypothesis that the internet has slowed down since the Cyberbunker DDoS attacks is rubbish, and to be blunt it is.

The attacks are long ever, consisted of more hype than traffic, and didn't impact the internet in the slightest when they were in progress.

• Advertisement

It wasn't a hypothesis , it was a question. I was just looking for some insight from people that might work in IT , I wasn't looking for a snide Boards.ie word battle.

Advertisement