Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get logbook/tax book

Options
  • 12-06-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

hello , i have a international 523 and bought with no book and wondering if i am able to get one and who to contact
    regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Is there a number plate on it? If so, your flying. There is a form you get from the local motor tax office for lost documents, fill in engine / chassis number etc and get signed by the guards. If no number plate, can the guy who sold it help with the number? Was it in his family for years? Would his old fellow have a tax disk or old insurance cert lying in a drawer? Or a photo of the tractor showing the number?
    If its an old tractor, there may be a vintage club for your model, and the secretary may be able to help date the tractor. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Saabturbonut

unfortunately i don't think the tractor was ever registered in the country and it came with no plates and the previous owner insured it with the chassis number

Advertisement