Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to check our water quality online

Options
  • 12-06-2013 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all, sorry if I am repeating a question that has been asked before.
    I am moving in a new house soon and I would like to check the quality of drinking water there. My mother in law leaves nearby, and she does not drink her tap water after a scare several years ago, of which I find no trace on the web.
    I am unsure if we are connected to the same reservoir or not, and actually I can't find a way to locate which reservoir serves her house or the new house's area. The house is not in a village, it's out of the way a bit, but still on the mains. I have located the Westmeath County Council online tool to check reports on the various reservoirs and stations but I don't know the area well and I can't second guess.
    So, short of asking the County Council themselves :P how would you go about finding where our water is coming from? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

briarrose wrote: »
    So, short of asking the County Council themselves :P

In fairness that's probably the easiest way to find out for definite!

It's not like it's a big state secret! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 briarrose

:D I am just not used to public offices actually answering to enquiries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

Try here:

http://www.epa.ie/pubs/reports/water/drinking/drinkingwaterreport2011.html

Skip to Page 81, this only gives any non-conformances in westmeath as a whole.

If cannot find what you're looking for pm me, I work in the sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

Yeah, I would assume that you would have to find out from the council themselves. I'm sure that they would be able to answer you fast, and they would be very happy to help you. Plus, looking online could be very tedious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

[mod] Old thread. Closed. [/mod]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement