Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes own Brand Nappies

Options
  • 12-06-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

not sure if this is the place but i was in Dunnes in blackpool in cork yesterday evening looking to buy Nappies.

We are normally a Pampers family and have tried to the Aldi and Lidl alternatives but end up going back.

then a woman recommended that i try the Dunnes own Brand Nappies she said they were very good?

anyway i looked and they were €6.25 for a pack of 42 size 5 nappies or 2 packs (84) for €10 which seemed like a great deal (at least up there with the Aldi and Lidl prices for nappies)

i bought the two packs for €10 and tried one out last night. it did thte trick but i'll know more in the next few days.

its a bargain of sorts but obviously wont be for everyone.

BTW i think Dunnes own brand nappies are a new thing, at least i hadnt seen them before

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunnes say they have Ireland's cheapest nappies @ 9c per nappy
    That advertising slogan would put me off tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dunnes say they have Ireland's cheapest nappies @ 9c per nappy
    That advertising slogan would put me off tbh

each to their own when it comes to Nappies really and we have tried the Huggies and the Toujours and the Mamia and always went back to Pampers. it could very well happen again with these but for the sake of saving a few quid.

the equivalent pampers last night was a box of 62 i think it was for €16 euro which works out at 25c per nappy whereas the dunnes i got was 84 nappies for €10 which is 12c

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

We find them great TBH. Use a dunnes ones during the day and a more expensive at night like pampers. Wife swears by the Dunnes ones over Aldi or Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MisseyB

I've used Tesco own brand and found them fine but if i had them i'd used Pampers at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Haven't tried them. Use the Lidl ones here, unless I'm out & happen to be in Tesco or Aldi. Haven't used pampers since my little one was very small & I'd built up a stock before she was born.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Just wondering what you think of the Dunnes nappies now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

They're brutal. Got them last week because I was stuck, is normally Aldi/Lidl ones we use.

The dunnes ones filled quicker & leaked almost all the time. Have had similar issues with branded ones, Aldi/Lidl almost never have that issue, plus they feel softer.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Read this thread as if its the adults trying the different nappies. Very funny I must admit.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OU812 wrote: »
    They're brutal. Got them last week because I was stuck, is normally Aldi/Lidl ones we use.

The dunnes ones filled quicker & leaked almost all the time. Have had similar issues with branded ones, Aldi/Lidl almost never have that issue, plus they feel softer.

+1

We've tried them all, we are and still use the aldi ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

Only wrote: »
    Just wondering what you think of the Dunnes nappies now?

we went back for more, they are not as good as the pampers but for the savings its worth putting up with the few failures (not very many at all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks for the replies. We use the Lidl ones and find them fine except if they are left on too long some of the crystals come out of them ... was hoping the Dunnes ones would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Aldi Aldi Aldi with out a doubt the best and great value

Advertisement