Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Start 20 Family Pack 4.3 UK, ROI and Western Europe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

I use Google Maps on my phone when in Ireland but need a Sat nav for foreign trips to avoid data roaming charges. I understand this unit doesn't have lifetime maps or bluetooth but for the money would it be a decent buy that would cover me for say the next 12 months?

I don't want to spend a lot on a satnav now as I think there will be better apps coming out down the line which will all be offline etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/63573/best-sat-nav-apps-tested

leex wrote: »
    I use Google Maps on my phone when in Ireland but need a Sat nav for foreign trips to avoid data roaming charges. I understand this unit doesn't have lifetime maps or bluetooth but for the money would it be a decent buy that would cover me for say the next 12 months?

I don't want to spend a lot on a satnav now as I think there will be better apps coming out down the line which will all be offline etc.

Had tomtom sat navigation now have co pilot have a read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

Navfree has different apps for the various countries. The maps are all offline, so if they're downloaded before you set off you shouldn't incur any charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Seems to be sold out everywhere now.

Expired.

Advertisement