Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a sexless relationship possible in your 30's?

Options
  • 12-06-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So I feel like I am the only guy in the world that wants this.
    I am 32, out as gay but class myself a bi, not a big deal.
    Have had a couple of long relationships over the years, longest was 4 years,
    loved the guy very much but didnt work out in the end.
    We did have sex, not as often as it seems ALL other guys do, straight/bi/gay but really enjoyed sleeping together without having sex and if we did we would just to light stuff, that worked for me and for him.

But now I feel this is the type of relationship I would like, just the closeness of someone,
    a little kissing and what have you, but more the body contact than full on sex.
    Been looking for this over the past while but, most men I have met over the years seem to just want full sex, which is fine but its just not what I want.

Is it possable to to find a guy who just wants cuddles, a little kissing and what have you without the full on sex and be happy together?

Seems to me like these type of gay guys are few and far between, and I am destined to be on my own, or even being a little too picky in what I would like out of a partner?

Any oppions on this? I am more interested in what gay men think of this than straight women tbh.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Finding a relationship like this is certainly possible. Everyone has their own varying tastes and wants/desires in relationships. There's absolutely nothing to say there isn't a guy out there who is not interested in full penetrative sex at all and would happily just kiss/cuddle and some foreplay and that's it. You may have to look a bit harder and longer to find someone, as in my experience, just like yours, guys only seem to want full sex or hook-ups, but certainly there are guys out there who would be looking the same as yourself. Heck, I'm not that into full penetrative sex myself and would rather have the kissing and cuddling and the odd bit of foreplay instead. So there you go, others do exist!

People always worry about being too picky when it comes to partners. We all have a mental image in our head of the ideal person but if you sat back and properly thought about it, there's probably no-one out there that will fit that image. They may have a look you like but an awful personality, or a class personality but they don't do anything for you in the looks department. I am in too minds though about how picky I am regarding men. I feel like if I don't stop being picky I'll never find someone, but at the same time why shouldn't I be a bit picky? I deserve it.

Advertisement