Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Vetting form

Options
  • 12-06-2013 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

This might sound like a silly question, but do you have to get a Garda Vetting form from the Teaching council or can I just use the standard Garda Vetting form that can be downloaded online.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Gee_G wrote: »
    This might sound like a silly question, but do you have to get a Garda Vetting form from the Teaching council or can I just use the standard Garda Vetting form that can be downloaded online.

Thanks.

Pretty sure it has to be the Teaching Council one. If you ring them for one today, you'll have it in the post tomorrow. It's one thing they are quick at doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Email them and you'll have it tomorrow, vetting@teachingcouncil.ie

Mods can we merge the two threads on vetting? Then have a vetting sticky. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Thanks for the replies, called them this morning and they said they would post it out today!

Very good. They are very efficient. Unfortunately it'll be Garda unit that'll be slow:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Very good. They are very efficient. Unfortunately it'll be Garda unit that'll be slow:(

Yeah there is a recording on the phone saying that they have been advised that it's a 6-8week delay on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Sadly it will be at least two months for you I fear. I just updated mine. The TC received it on 8th April and I only got the letter back last Monday. Since summer is the busiest period, I worry about how bad it could get. However, you can start teaching pending the outcome of your vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

linguist wrote: »
    Sadly it will be at least two months for you I fear. I just updated mine. The TC received it on 8th April and I only got the letter back last Monday. Since summer is the busiest period, I worry about how bad it could get. However, you can start teaching pending the outcome of your vet.

Oh really.
    So if someone is waiting for their teaching council registration due to slow police vetting, this does not stop them from starting teaching this September?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Oh really.
    So if someone is waiting for their teaching council registration due to slow police vetting, this does not stop them from starting teaching this September?
    Thanks

I think you might want to be wary there as that post was 2 years old. Rules might have changed or the waiting time might also have come down (I dunno maybe things haven't changed.. but just in case).

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wexford96

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I think you might want to be wary there as that post was 2 years old. Rules might have changed or the waiting time might also have come down (I dunno maybe things haven't changed.. but just in case).

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Wexford96 wrote: »
    Oh really.
    Thanks

With the new legislation, if you don't have teaching council registration then you don't get paid. Technically doesn't mean you can't start work if registration is pending, but you won't get paid for it. Don't know if back pay is a possibility.

If you've sent off your application in good time, then they should hopefully get back to you before Sept and all will be well. On any applications, just write registration pending. Employers will understand that you've only recently graduated.

Advertisement