Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% off bitdefender antivirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont get why anyone pays for anti virus anymore

The free ones are perfectly acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Free antivirus is the way forward. I will never pay for an antivirus package again, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭holdmybeer

I use Avast, its free, updated daily and it you can upgrade by paying if you want it to do more. The only downside is will remind you everyday if you want to upgrade.
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont get why anyone pays for anti virus anymore

The free ones are perfectly acceptable

i agree,

have been using microsoft antivirus on 3 computers with over a year and it does the job perfectly, i download a lot and it still does the job fine.

Spyware and malware are more of a threat these days anyway, antivirus packages dont have much to do. To that end, this is the best spyware removal tool:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Get a Mac...no need for antivirus

You know, you're right. I really should throw away my perfectly working computer and spend twice as much for a mac instead of installing one of the many freely available antivirus programs. You have shown me the light, thank you.

You know, you're right. I really should throw away my perfectly working computer and spend twice as much for a mac instead of installing one of the many freely available antivirus programs. You have shown me the light, thank you.

Someone's having a bad day.

I'm having a good day actually. Just in the last 3 threads I looked at, the last posts were unhelpful and pointless. It gets to me. :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kev. wrote: »
    LOL (more of a snigger actually but yeah out loud)

It used to be the case that the only reason you'd have AV on a Mac was so you wouldn't forward any infected windows files you received.

Anyway here is a freebie from Sophos for Mac users
    http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-antivirus-for-mac-home-edition.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Avast is fast & free antivirus .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

why does every av back turn into a moan and "your better off with a free version"

if you don't want to pay for av software..fine..but leave out the we know better posts.
    they're getting old at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Kev. wrote: »

Titter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

why does every av back turn into a moan and "your better off with a free version"

if you don't want to pay for av software..fine..but leave out the we know better posts.
    they're getting old at this stage

Because its true. Its also true that these companies create virus's so they can stay in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Because its true. Its also true that these companies create virus's so they can stay in business.

Which companies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Conspiracy theories forum is here >> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576 :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

:rolleyes:

don't you realise the bad guys have figured out how to make money out exploiting machines ?

:rolleyes:

don't you realise the bad guys have figured out how to make money out exploiting machines ?

they are all at it

The crooks hijack your machine
    The av companies infect your machine
    The government spies on your machine

Lets burn all the machines!

(Arent you supposed to wait til midnight?)

Anyway best way NOT to get infected is to stay away from dodgy sites

Anyway best way NOT to get infected is to stay away from dodgy sites
    It's kinda hard to do that when they infect stuff like google ads.

adblock plus & noscript are your friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

This is why I rarely post on boards.ie any longer. People just can't seem to keep their **** on-topic.

beardystrength.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Avast has pirate talk as a language option, y'arr

This is why I rarely post on boards.ie any longer. People just can't seem to keep their **** on-topic.

Yea, we all miss you

Advertisement