Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawal Limit for Student Credit Card Abroad

Options
  • 11-06-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi. I'm a rising fourth year college student with a BoI account. I have a student credit card, which I preloaded with ~€2,000 before coming abroad for my J1. I intended to use the vast majority of this money to pay the initial cost of accommodation i.e. first and last month's rent, which would had up to over a thousand dollars. Today I have tried to begin withdrawing this money to pay this cost tomorrow, but I have found that ATMs are refusing to dispense money to me from the credit card. This is after having withdrawn ~$500 dollars today i.e. they have stopped working past this amount.

Is there a daily limit to how much I can withdraw? Or is this some other limit which is affecting me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Xevkin

Sorry to hear you are having such difficulty using your credit card overseas. 

Your BOI credit card is accepted worldwide however, some International ATM's have daily limits on withdrawals. This is dictated by the particular country you are in, as different countries have different ATM limits.

If you wish to contact credit card services to further explore international ATM withdrawal limits, you can reach them on 00353 56775 7747.

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Hey,

Not sure if it is the same for the US, but as far as I recall, 200 euros per day was the max I could take out in Malaysia, and as far as I remember, when researching it, it said that was the limit outside the EU.

COuld have changed since then

Advertisement