Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm So worried, WARTS on my ass!!!

Options
  • 11-06-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm so shocked!

I went to the doctor today to have a hemorrhoid, and some skin tags looked at. As a long distance runner you get them both and its no big issue.

This time it was a big issue, I've got warts!!! On my ass and in my groin. I just cant believe it. I'm a confirmed top always, with only a handful of exceptions, and I'm always so careful.

The doctor refereed me to The STI clinic in Mullingar who cant see me for 6 weeks. Here's the question am i better going to a private clinic in Dublin and pay or stick with the public system he recommended the public system. I have VHI but not sure i really want to use it for anal wart, was hoping I wouldnt have to use it until my double knee replacements in 30 years time lol.

Secondly, and in the most cruel irony, I met the most amazing guy back home in Israel a few weeks ago. I didn't sleep with him but hes coming here in July!!!Tickets booked!! What do I do? I cant sleep with him, do i tell him I've a F'#King wart and watch him swim back to the middle east. What am i going to do!!!!! Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Usually on the internet when you don't believe someone you say "Pics or it didn't happen".

I think in this case, I'll make an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

First of all - sorry to hear of your news. I always thought that genital warts were very area specific - penis, anus, scrotum etc - the "groin" is a bit vague - but like Paddy I'm not asking for pics :) I'm just wondering if the diagnosis is totally correct,,,. Others here will have more info I'm sure.
    If it is correct then the treatment is by definition quite a slow one and you will not be finished before July, whether you go publicly or private. The pros and cons of VHI vs Public are totally ones of timing and convenience.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

As per the charter we cant give medical advice. The best thing to do is go with what your doctor says

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement