Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop e-mail thread updates?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 8:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

I've changed my settings in the user CP in order to stop thread-watch e-mail updates.

I am still receiving these e-mail notifications.

Could someone please take a look at this for me?

Thank you. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Control Panel > Edit Options

on the Messaging & Notification panel dropdown choose No Email Notification

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Thanks Tricky but I have already done this twice this morning.

I just did it a gin there, I'll let you know if the changes don't stick.

257934.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

This is still not fixed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As your screenshot shows, that's only for new thread subscriptions. Did you remove the already subscriber ones from:

https://www.boards.ie/?filter=threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

As Spear said that option only takes effect for new replies/threads. For existing threads you have already followed you need to update your subscription preferences. I've updated yours for you and set them all to no email updates.

To make amends now and in the future you can go to your Subscriptions page here. Click the checkbox for the threads want to change email updates for (a select all threads on the page is available as the first checkbox at the top right) and then down under the table of threads you'll see a dropdown, use this to change the Email Notification type then click Go.

Danny

• Advertisement
Advertisement