Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death and Reincarnation

Options
  • 11-06-2013 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

Some people live their lives not regretting a thing and there are those that would love to change the past.
    If in some mad way when we die we are giving a choice either to be reincarnated and not knowing as what, or going back and living your life all over from start to finish where by chance you may take a different approach.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Why do people always ask us to make hypothetical choices that are impossible to make? Start a thread about which do you prefer, jam or marmalade, I'll answer that one.

Jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

you accidentally a sentance there |I think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

If I went back and knew the choices and paths I'd take then I wouldn't have met the people I'm good friends with or the GF through decisions and circumstances I've already gone through.

Anyways, if I was to go back then I'd just spend my time building Facebook and then spend my fortune on Toffee Crisps and donuts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Why do people always ask us to make hypothetical choices that are impossible to make? Start a thread about which do you prefer, jam or marmalade, I'll answer that one.

Jam.
    Maybe in a previous life he preferred jam but in this one it's marmalade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Having a second stab at life would be great. Whether as yourself again or as something/someone else. It'd be class if your conscious/brain was just placed in a new person. Imagine being only a few days old and having so much knowledge and ability. I know I'd end blowing my cover by speaking too soon :P But imagine if there was a catch. You could have your mind but all the developmental changes would be the same. As in you'd have to wait for nature to speak, walk etc. That'd be f-ing hilarious. Once you were like in your mid teens you'd be an absolute god with all that wisdom, experience and knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'd assume death is like the time before birth, or even before being conceived perhaps. Similar to the time spent sleeping, but without any mental awareness.
    There's something very soothing about that. Going to bed for the final time and not having to ever experience tiredness, pain or sadness ever again. Of course you'll also miss out on happiness and laughing too. But we'll not be aware.

The idea of reincarnation is nice, a little too influenced by fairy tales though possibly. Coming back to live as something completely different or someone different definitely has that lottery appeal to it. There's no point in entertaining the realistic possibility of that actually happening though.

A gambling man would have to say death is simply death, as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

What if the life we're living is a reincarnation of a previous life but we just don't know it??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

darragh16 wrote: »
    What if the life we're living is a reincarnation of a previous life but we just don't know it??

Well then we're destined to make the same mistakes over and over again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Jam here too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Jam.
    Maybe in a previous life he preferred jam but in this one it's marmalade!
    Jam
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Jam here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Jam.
    Jam
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Jam here too

Because you can't marmalade your penis into a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What is the difference between jam and marmalade?

I can't marmalade my.....ah forget it.

Edit: damn you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I want to be killed by a tiger and reincarnated as a tiger.

Jam, too.

Maybe the universe is a giant pot of rhubarb jam.

Mmmm rhubarb. . .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Mmmm rhubarb. . .

And the sun is a giant ball of marmalade

Oh my god we've solved it

Mmmm rhubarb. . .

Rhubarb is vile.

What is the difference between rhubarb and snot?

Children will eat their snot.

Rhubarb is vile.

I loved rhubarb when I was a kid. We used to grow our own in the garden, eating a stalk raw after you pull it. . .heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Rhubarb is vile.

That's actually very true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I loved rhubarb when I was a kid. We used to grow our own in the garden, eating a stalk raw after you pull it. . .heaven.

Sounds kinda gay tbh.

• Advertisement

SamHall wrote: »
    Sounds kinda gay tbh.

When I was that age gay was still the Enid Blyton type of gay, so yes, yes it was gay. My granny used to make lashings of ginger beer too. And we got one silvermint per day as a treat. Good times :)

When I was a kid, I would spend some summer days picking gooseberries from my neighbours bush.

When I was a kid, I would spend some summer days picking gooseberries from my neighbours bush.

Did you ever stick a gooseberry and a blackcurrant in your mouth at the one time? Nothing on earth like it. as the blackcurrant melts bite hard on the gooseberry, we had sweet and sour long before the Chinese takeaways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

You can die if you eat enough rhubarb leaves but it doesn't reincarnate you.

I think we have gone way too far off topic at this point. So to answer the original question and I've put some thought into, I'm going to go with Jam defo jam.

My neighbour would always reward me with a taste of her fresh jam after I'd done picking her gooseberry bush. Lovely so it was.

Advertisement