Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit /Deposit / No Deposit / Paying in Full on Hotel Websites

Options
  • 11-06-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Which one do you prefer?

Some sites don't charge anything at all when you book, others charge a small deposit of about 10% and then others take the full amount upfront.

I've set up a small hotel website and just wondered what people preferred!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I generally expect paying in full in advance to be cheaper than the other two and would rarely go for it if offered the option and it wasn't. Its not common that it is offered without being cheaper by chains, anyway, so you may want to bear that in mind.

Credit card hold is what I'd usually expect - take & validate card details to charge in case of a no-show but don't charge at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

Well I prefer booking it and paying a small deposit and then paying the balance some days before I go but have.

If I had to pick out of your three options probably the 10% deposit option and pay balance on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sparkler88

i would prefer no deposit with a credit / debit card hold and then pay on arrival - great especially if you are planning to go away on or around pay day and won't have any money until then!! :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement