Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing an old current account?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I just want to find out what I need to do to close an old student current account I opened while at university several years ago.

I used it for a while, but now I rarely use it at all as I bank elsewhere and every so often I discover it's overdrawn and has run up a shocking amount of fees.

Typically it'll be some charge/fee that causes the account to go into OD.

How do I go about closing this account as I really don't have any reason to keep it open, especially since the reintroduction of heavy fees.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi enigmatical,

Thank you for your post, we are sorry to hear we may be losing your business.

To close an account you can call into any of our Bank of Ireland branches.
    You will be required to produce Photo Identification (Passport, Drivers Licence, Garda ID) and your account details. A representative will then be able to provide you with the closing balance on your account.

You can find contact details for your branch here.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks
    Paula C

Advertisement