Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give my band a listen?

Options
  • 11-06-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

We are The Heads of State and here's a link to our new track 'Gone'.

https://soundcloud.com/theheadsofstate/gone

https://www.facebook.com/TheHeadsOfStateMusic?ref=tn_tnmn

"The Heads of State create an attractive collage of alt, folk and indie-rock. Deliciously under-stated and charmingly catchy slices of folk that build towards captivating hooklines. Cheery stuff when we need it most" - Jackie Hayden, Hot Press Magazine
    Biography
    The Heads of State are Tommy Callaghan (vocals, guitar), Gary Doherty (vocals and bass), Orri McBrearty (guitar and mandolin), Colin Montgomery (drums), John Ruddy (trumpet) and Marty Keeney (keys and vocals) and all hail from the Finn Valley and Letterkenny areas of Donegal, Ireland.

The band's songwriting style combines the use of vocal harmonies and acoustic based instrumentation, wrapped up in catchy melodies that are sure to grab your attention and get you singing along.

Two members of the band, Tommy Callaghan and Marty Keeney have been creating music together for over a decade and are previous winners of the 2FM Songwriting Contest. The pair recruited friend Gary Doherty as bass player, and The Heads of State was born. In 2010 they began gigging throughout the north west with additional members Orri McBrearty, John Ruddy and Colin Montgomery and have been gradually building a fanbase attracted by the bands passionate and melodic style. They released a mini-album "Last One to Fall" in 2011 which was warmly received by local radio and by critics, receiving the Hot Press 'First Cuts' release of the fortnight. Lead single “Hands Dirty” also featured at the end of BBC Television's GAA Championship coverage.

The band are currently in the studio recording eagerly awaited new material which has received public and critical acclaim on the live scene in the north west. A new EP is scheduled for a national release in June 2013, followed by live dates throughout Ireland.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Please supply more info about the band . E.g Location/FB Page/Influences etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GazDoc

No takers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Sorry not my cup of tea, doesn't go anywhere chorus wise, bit anti climactic, that's just me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnadom

I liked it! Very easy to listen to, I play rock/metal but I'll listen to anything when it's done well, good job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GazDoc

Thanks! We're aware that it's not particularly cool or anything, but it is what it is! Glad you liked it!

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be described as cool either! I've just released my first song, I'm Fil Henley and it's 'Don't Cry' on youtube. Any feedback would be welcome, I'm definitely not in the cool category!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

johnadom wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be described as cool either! I've just released my first song, I'm Fil Henley and it's 'Don't Cry' on youtube. Any feedback would be welcome, I'm definitely not in the cool category!

I like it. Long hair, guitar and sunglasses, cool!

Good polished overall production, video as well.
    Would you be a Gary Moore fan?

If I was to be critical, I would put more work into the lyrics, first verse area.

I might experiment with upping the tempo.

Thanks for the feedback, Yep I used to listen to Gary Moore when I was growing up so definitely influenced by that, good spot!

Advertisement