Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iloked

Options
  • 11-06-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

I see ilok are changing how they do things with a computer based set up as opposed to online.

One of the features is that there's a $50 cap on transferring licences, or so I've read.

Also according to the 'internet' there are problems running it at the moment.

I think I'll wait til 1.1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Here's a Facebook post Slate Digital posted ...

"IMPORTANT: Our protection system, Pace iLOK, is going through a transition to a client based system. This new system will allow you to download licenses faster and easier and will prove to be very beneficial for the end user. However, they are going through some troubles and new users will not be able to download licenses until the fix is in place, which we are told is coming soon. We are sorry for this inconvenience and will report news as it comes.
    - Slate Digital"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

iloks are no fun when they break. Ironically mine went as I was going to get the Slate stuff.

It's a stupid system really... if people are going to pay - then they'll pay (a minimal protection is fine) - I like the way waves have dealt with problems with their old system.... maybe ilok is going that way also!

Or UAD take over the world with their platform.

Advertisement