Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to surprise a holiday

Options
  • 10-06-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Myself and my partner are going on holiday to New York in a few weeks with the kids and we want to tell them in an inventive way. More particularly the eleven year old. Any suggestions? I'm not very imaginative! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Lovely idea for you to surprise them!

Dunno where this idea came but....

I've seen people use Sharpie markers to write on white plates (cheap Dunnes plates, nothing fancy!), pop them in the oven and the marker dries in... I dunno, how about writing something on the plate underneath dessert or even dinner, and see their reaction??

Or leaving random little clues around the place, like envelopes or symbols, or stuff he might get suspcious about; the Big Apple, little statue of liberty keyring..all stuff you'd get cheap off ebay.. have an USA themed night with hot dogs..they might think youre mental, but wouldnt it be awful funny..

Get one of those photo jigsawas made; gets a few pieces each time he/she does something nice, or a chore or something...has to piece together the puzzle... hmm some ideas anyways you might think of something!

Will be thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Tell them you're going somewhere else- like spending a week in a mobile home in Salthill. Then as you're heading away say "Yerra, feck Salthill, let's go to New York"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Or if you could get away with it, if at all possible, have bags packed and put away in the car and say ye are going to look at the planes. And when ye get there say surprise!!!

When we were younger, my friends parents did that and at the airport they told them they were going to Disneyland Paris!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

Tell them they're going somewhere else then when you're at the airport produce the biggest apples you can find.

Advertisement