Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenhills tennis courts?

Options
  • 10-06-2013 11:03pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My mother was telling me earlier today that she remembers her mother used to play tennis in Greenhills in Dublin. I'm guessing that this would have been in the 1930's or 40's. I wonder would any of you know was there such a court in Dublin back then?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Simple answer is no. I grew up there and in the 70's and 80's we would go to bushy park to play tennis. The girls secondary school St Paul's had a couple of courts but nets were not always up and they were only open to the public if you could climb the 7ft fence :) . But that school in the '60's was a farm owned by the Kelly's. In the 40's there was probably nothing past the coombe other than tallaght and crumlin village, small villages then.

Advertisement