Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA to JSA to Full Time work then BTEA & part time work

Options
  • 10-06-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi, I am finished my 3rd year in college and pending results I will be going back in September to complete my 4th & final year.

I am on the BTEA and have just recently signed off that & am on JSA now.

After two successful interviews it looks like I am starting employment soon and their schedule is full time training for a 40 hour for 8 weeks but with the first 3 unpaid and next 5 paid full time then starting part time work on a continual basis which consists of evening & weekend work.

I understand that with BTEA it is fine to work part time up to 20 hours I think and still retain the full portion of the BTEA, so that should be fine when I return to college in September.

But I am unsure with the part time work if I am entitled to any JSA when I come off full time training for those 5 paid weeks until I enter the BTEA again in September.

By the way is entirely right that I have to train for this first 3 weeks unpaid from the company and continue to receive JSA for that period as this is what they suggested what will happen.

I can understand it sounds a bit un orthodox but that's the system I will be entering into and if anyone can any assistance I would be grateful and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Is this work an intership as part of your undergraduate degree or something seperate from it?

Advertisement