Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Please.. Dublin Zoo

Options
  • 10-06-2013 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm getting to grips with my D7000 and could do with some C&C with some of the photos. I'm also doing a lot to learn as much about Lightroom as I can. I'd appreciate some feedback on these photos if possible! Taken with a NIKON AF-S DX VR 55-200 f/4-5.6G

257816.jpg

257817.jpg

257818.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Love that tiger photo!
    Gotta love the zoo for crackin shots! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

Its only me or every sparrow has that frustrated looks?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Three nice shots, the monkeys are a bit overexposed, try a bit of exposure compensation in bright sun, Lightroom is very good at dealing with this, the exposure and highlight sliders should cope with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

+1 to what Rainbowsend said, nice shots, but the Macaques are a bit overexposed. Lightroom is fantastic when you need to do some similar tweaking to a set of photos (e.g. modify exposure) as you can sync the settings of a group of photos.

D7000 is a great camera too, and the zoo is great place to practice with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Eli Nich wrote: »
    Its only me or every sparrow has that frustrated looks?
    that'd be a robin.
    lovely light in that shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Nice shots btw the d7000 has a problem with exposure and I regularly find it over exposes by default. Also it might be worth doing an auto focus test as many d7000's are known to slip let the focus slip, if you notice that it is then an af-fine tune will sort it out. Just something to think about because even mine had back focusing issues though you might not notice unless you have a lens that can go to about f2.8 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Nice shots btw the d7000 has a problem with exposure and I regularly find it over exposes by default. Also it might be worth doing an auto focus test as many d7000's are known to slip let the focus slip, if you notice that it is then an af-fine tune will sort it out. Just something to think about because even mine had back focusing issues though you might not notice unless you have a lens that can go to about f2.8 :)

I actually spotted that problem a few weeks ago and wen through the fine tune for my 1.8 lens. Interesting that its a D7000 'thing'!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Oh yeah it hit me big time one night when I was doing a show that I needed f1.8 for ..I looked in post and my mouth dropped, it almost cost me a client but it's good to know it's fixable. :)

Its funny, when i go to Dublin zoo , i get great pictures of Grass and water, maybe a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Any wolf pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Any wolf pictures?

Nope.. No wolves. My two year old informed me that we didnt see any zebras either so we have to go back. Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Trotter wrote: »
    Nope.. No wolves. My two year old informed me that we didnt see any zebras either so we have to go back. Tomorrow.

Ha awesome :) hope the weather is good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

E892938AFF8A4BF7AB1B043E1439B34E-0000316428-0003253244-00800L-DE379ECEA9B84858B68F88A503107954.jpg

I missed the Hippo on my recent trip but my nephew didn't make me go back ;)

Advertisement