Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange History log in chrome

Options
  • 10-06-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

This was in my browsing history when i came home at 6:30 today. Be aware that no one was in house at that time, but my wife had left the computer on before she left at 5:45. It looks like someone was using chrome on the computer while no one was in the house.

I don't have an ebs bank acc and have no idea what the other thing is in youtube. No one was in the house and the computer was left on. Could someone would have logged in remotely without my permission and with no third party software on the machine?

history_zpseb9c45e0.jpg

As can be seen from the pic, my wife used the computer up till 4:35 and then went out the kids to her mothers house till 5:45 so no one was here for about an hour. In that time someone used google to search both ebs login, youtube and some crime series called arne dahl from 5:04 to 5:07!!

All credible suggestions and ideas are welcome on this issue as im a bot worried about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Would it be possible someone is hacking your wi-fi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

charlemont wrote: »
    Would it be possible someone is hacking your wi-fi ?

gonna check router logs now and come back. Its doubtful that someone could gain access to my pc from my router i would have thought. Especially without thirdparty software or someone to allow it in on my end. Correct me if im wrong btw.

Just got this in as well from security essentials

virus_zps881f75f5.jpg

also as i was checking router logs ten minutes ago someone went onto filmon.com in my history at 9:20. This is starting to get a bot unsettling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

leftleg wrote: »
    gonna check router logs now and come back. Its doubtful that someone could gain access to my pc from my router i would have thought. Especially without thirdparty software or someone to allow it in on my end. Correct me if im wrong btw.

I honestly am computer illiterate but I just posted that as I'm aware of hacking but other than that I wouldn't know. Its a strange one though I'd be creeped out if that happened to my history log...

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

I don't use chrome much, but isn't it a feature of chrome that you can share sessions, tabs and history etc across devices?

Do you or your wife use any smart phones or tablets that you might be signed into with the same google account?

• Advertisement

I don't use chrome much, but isn't it a feature of chrome that you can share sessions, tabs and history etc across devices?

Do you or your wife use any smart phones or tablets that you might be signed into with the same google account?

she doesn't and i was coming home and wasn't online, and as i said i dont have an ebs acc and have no need to go to the site so the question remains, who does?

ps nothing in the microsoft events log for 5:04 to 5:07. Malwarebytes just gave me the below but it looks pretty harmless as does the one security essentials picked up as well

virus2_zps4ccdc234.jpg

Here is the creepy history log from 27 minutes ago while i was thinking of how to reply to charlemounts initial post from my op. I didnt go onto filmon.com yet my history log shows that i was there at 9:19 and 9:20 this evening

virus4_zps2e496f09.jpg

wtf!!!!!!!

Maybe change your google password and enable 2 factor authentication.

What settings do you use on your WIFI? What encryption do you implement? Do you use complex passwords?

Go to your Gmail account, scroll to the bottom and select "Last account activity: Details"
    Check all the recent logins, location, device used and IP address.

Anything look strange?

Also:
    Go to gmail and log in
    Top right select name > Account
    Under account activity select "Sign up for Account Activity Reports to get more details."

This should give you some indication of when your account is being used and from where.

Curious to know did you spot anything??

Let me know if I can help you at all, love this kinda stuff :)

• Advertisement

Curious to know did you spot anything??

Let me know if I can help you at all, love this kinda stuff :)

Just getting to this now, been quite busy the last few days. That night before i went to bed i saw another link in the chrome history that said bridgedoctor.com.

Turns out that i was looking at my gmail in my folks house last week and never logged out of my google account so my folks are looking up sites on google and its registering in my history. Its still quite creepy that i can track my parents google movements from my own computer at home but there you are. Case closed.

I'm delighted you got it sorted, disappointed it wasn't something more exciting haha!

Advertisement