Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior Paint for Interior?

Options
  • 10-06-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have about 7 litres of Dulux Weathershield in Cobblelock left over from painting the outside of my house. Can I use this to paint the inside too? It works out much cheaper per litre and as I like the colour and can live with it for a long time, it makes sense to continue the neutral theme and just accent with colours for fun...any reason why I can't use Weathershield inside? Obviously ventilation whilst the paint is wet, but can't see any reason why it would be a problem when it's dry. Does anyone know for sure? The container doesn't have any contraindications or warnings, and my gut instinct says that if there were a problem then the manufacturer would have thought of this and warned against it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

No problem using it inside. Work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 puffbubble

Magic! Thanks a mill!

Rain's back, so it's onto the inside walls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Exterior paints contain mildewcides to prevent growth of fungi moss etc. These release into the air and can be a health risk if used inside. Probably won't be a big deal, but if Mary is pregenant or Johnny has asthma may cause them problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 puffbubble

Thanks cardwizzard. I thought there may be something in it. Going to try in hallway first rather than bedrooms. Dulux distributor in Ireland called me today and basically promoted the "paint for specific tasks" line for kitchens/bathrooms, but said there was absolutely no reason why it couldn't be used indoors! Woo Hoo - money saving here I come!

Advertisement