Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Tanks rumour for XB1

Options
  • 10-06-2013 5:35pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apparently there's some claims going around on neogaf that it will be announced within the next 2 hours. Let's see.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

For the 360, confirmed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

But only as gold member, no? I heard some rumbling about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seems that way. Pass from me so!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seems that way. Pass from me so!

But you can play it for free right this moment on PC....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    But you can play it for free right this moment on PC....
    I feel a PC master race image moment coming on me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lol, is this a moderator game lol?

Anyway, after seeing announced on Xbox 360 I finally decided to give it a go on PC. Spent whole day playing it! :PAC: well dieng actually :). Though I did had few good matches. Decided to spend 10eu on gold too. Its more to reward developer for a game then goal I actually need. I spent gold on paint jobs so fat and Russian slogans :).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This you?:

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/511358308-Shadowhearth/

Getting an ace tanker badge already isn't bad going.

Turn on replays, and stick some up on www.wotreplays.com so we can give advice.

This you?:

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/511358308-Shadowhearth/

Getting an ace tanker badge already isn't bad going.

Turn on replays, and stick some up on www.wotreplays.com so we can give advice.
    Aye. It is me. You can't hide a thing from Hawkeye bordsies! :D
    I know I got some fancy badge already, but I have no clue how hard to get it.
    I still need to learn a lot. At least I am getting the idea of research tree. About weird how you earn xp for tank and not over all. I am sticking to Russian tanks ( I can speak Russian and I love Russia :D) as those are most dear to me. T34 is my target at the moment.

Just a question lads. Tanks are grouped in to classes, right? So is there a point hanging out in low class or its better move on to better class as fast as possible? I got my small Russian noisy tank upgraded. And all do I am getting on it is now useless. So do I better stick with higher class tanks I can afford/get?

You've an ace mastery badge on the MS1. That means you've managed an XP score higher than 99% of the user base averaged over the last two weeks.

Tanks have classes, but there are light tanks going up to tier 8 now.

TDs, heavies, mediums, and soon artys all go to tier 10.

The nature of the game progresses as the technology of the tanks progresses, so don't be too worried about rushing ahead before you've learned about your current tier of tanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Every time you jump a tier, you'll notice the game is played differently as tactics have to change to allow for heavier hitting and slower moving (not to mention more heavily armoured) tanks coming into play.

I only just got my first Tier 7 tank and it's now officially gotten serious. Tiers 1 to 3 are a lot of fun and an enjoyable distraction, 7 on the other hand gets you into the mindset that you have to work as a team and you have to make smart decisions about which route you take and where you park up to ambush and even which direction you're facing so that you can deflect more shots with your (usually) heavier and sloped front armour. You also have to learn tank weak spots otherwise your shells can just bounce off higher tier tanks causing no damage.

I'm really glad I've come back to this game, it's not played at a frantic pace and twitch reflexes aren't as big a factor as other shootyshootypewpewpew games. It also seems to have an older fan base which means there's a lot less nonsense in public games, but there are always muppets :)

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »

I only just got my first Tier 7 tank and it's now officially gotten serious.

Pfft, back in my day a tier 7 could face tier 10s. Well, briefly, before a shell the size of a Volkswagen Beetle smeared them.

yea, there's a lot of that going around :) I was thinking "great, 1130 armour, nothing will kill me!" Joined a tier 8 game with some friends and some tier X monster 1 shotted me :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    yea, there's a lot of that going around :) I was thinking "great, 1130 armour, nothing will kill me!" Joined a tier 8 game with some friends and some tier X monster 1 shotted me :)

The higher tier tank in a platoon pulls the lower tier tank into its matches. So that shiny new tier 7 is facing things that do more average damage than the tier 7 has total HP.

What tier 7 is it, by the way?

I knows went full off topic on this, sorry. I will add one more thing. This game has really good free to play model. It still gives you a seance of progression without asking you to grind 100 games to get one tiny upgrade for your tank. I played oonly ome game and I have already unlocked 3 tanks and lots of upgrades without spending a penny.
    some free to play games have stupid in-game and Real money prices for stuff. Looking at you ghost deacon online, dark light retribution, hawken and league of legends.

The grind can be really slow at the later tiers. Going from a tier 9 to tier 10, can be 180k to 200k experience, and that's without upgrades such as the 65k for the needed gun etc etc.

Doing some lines in paralell can help, since many of them understandably share common standardised parts.

My tier 7 is a Russian IS. Am also grinding Russian TDs (am in SU-85 atm) and French lights (am probably just about to ding the AMX ELC) as well as American Arty (only rarely, so am only at tier 3).

I wish I'd spent more time with German tanks, their accuracy would suit my style a bit better I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The IS is a good tank, the next up is the IS-3 which is arguably the best tier 8 heavy (once you get the top gun). I'd skip the american arty entirely if i was you, try the French arty, its really good fun once you get to tier 6.... the lower tier ones are not great, but the later tiers are the best in the game IMO. French are great speed and pretty good manoeuvrability. Less damage per shot but far higher number of shots fired over the course of a game.

If you just want to play the odd arty game, the german grille can be good fun.

Real gameplay footage on the 360. It looks fairly faithful to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kjkkments

Real gameplay footage on the 360. It looks fairly faithful to the original.
    It is pretty close to the pc version the progression is slightly different you seem to upgrade in packages rather than in modules but I really like it the game play is just as good and for a beta its way above par.

Advertisement