Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Times Hostel - Camden Place

Options
  • 10-06-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of staying the night there and I'm just wondering what it's like, especially since I've never been in a hostel before.

One of the main things I'm worried about is my luggage. I'd have one of two large bags with me and I'm wondering if there would be anywhere to store them. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Realise that practically nobody posting in the Dublin forum will have stayed there.

Most hostels will have a luggage room and/or a separate space for storing valuables. Do not leave valuables alone in your room. Some may charge a fee. Phone / email them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Any hostel worth its salt will have a luggage room and a safe facility for valuables at reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Never stayed there but consider Barnacles in Temple Bar. They have great luggage facilities and security.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Generator Hostel in Smithfield would be another good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I've stayed there. Few years back when I was house hunting in Dublin. It's pretty nice. I'm well enough travelled (and I mean I travel a lot) and for €13 for a 6 bed dorm room with en suite this was pretty damn good. No problem storing luggage with them. Noise wasn't an issue where we were and the common room was pretty good. Well, one computer as far as I remember, so not ideal. Kitchen good and clientele friendly.

I arrived back there once after I'd been locked out of my apartment at 5am and they wouldn't let me stay so I went across the road to the Camden something else. Same price, but markedly worse. The fact they wouldn't let me stay, in my drunken stupor, at the camden place is probably another tick for them.

Anyway trip advisor is your friend in cases like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Hostelworld is always good for reviews

Advertisement