Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Range Difference

Options
  • 10-06-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,
    Having recently purchased a new car, it was full of diesel and showed 1025 kms to empty on the dash.
    After the first tank fill which only covered 725kms...i filled it to brim and it showed 745 kms range to empty..
    This is baffling me as it should give what the first tank fill showed...i even asked the mazda garage where i bought it..!!!!!

Can anybody throw some light on this for me..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

It depends on how you drive it to how many miles it predicts

Driven easy itll guess more

Driven hard it'll guess less

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It'll go up and down as you drive...

My last fill showed as 740km but after 25 mins at 100-120 km/h it was up to 940km

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddywagon05

Thanks Guys it makes sense...i just thought that when you refilled it, it would go back to original factory range etc...
    Excuse me if im a bit thick on this, its my first car with on board computer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Mine resets to the factory default range and then adjusts up/down once I start driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddywagon05

Cjc, thats what i meant, DEFAULT settings.

cheers pal

• Advertisement
Advertisement