Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 car insurance questions

Options
  • 10-06-2013 2:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭

hey 2 questions

how long before renewal can you start looking for quotes

and who's the go-to company for mid 40s guy,slow car,full NCB and no penalty points

i know you gotta shop around but i prefer to narrow it down first
    i've always been with a broker but i'm not getting a good deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can jump ship any time but for me I've been doing it around the time of renewal, a couple weeks before or so.
    Try a compare site or two and the big companies like Aviva, AIG etc.
    www.chill.ie is fairly good but tbh it's trawling through many sites that eventually does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Most quotes you get should be valid for 30 days, so not much point in ringing around before that. Although I can't imagine quotes would vary wildly for you if you were to ring around earlier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If you feel your Broker isn't doing their best why not tell them, or get one who does?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I'd fall into a similar bracket & always try 123.ie. insure.ie and bestquote.ie first. Between these 3 I'd get a price hard to beat by going direct.
    30 days before renewal as that's usually how long quotes are valid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭mikemcdeedy100

ok thanks all

i didn't know you could jump ship anytime

how does that work?
    do you get a refund from the insurance co. or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ok thanks all

i didn't know you could jump ship anytime

how does that work?
    do you get a refund from the insurance co. or what?
    He means change insurers at renewal. You can cancel a policy mid-term, but the refund will be subject to an admin charge which varies by company.

Advertisement