Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the security fencing outside Slane.

Options
  • 10-06-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I was passing through Slane yesterday afternoon and I noticed the preparations are already getting underway for next weekends Bon Jovi concert, with Security fencing being put up around the castle and down by the river.

However as we drove out the N2, there were workers putting up security fencing around private houses for perhaps 1-2km outside of the town. :eek:

I've never been to a Slane concert, so I don't know what it's like, but is there really a need to put up the fences around houses like that, and so far out of the town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Hi folks. I was passing through Slane yesterday afternoon and I noticed the preparations are already getting underway for next weekends Bon Jovi concert, with Security fencing being put up around the castle and down by the river.

However as we drove out the N2, there were workers putting up security fencing around private houses for perhaps 1-2km outside of the town. :eek:

I've never been to a Slane concert, so I don't know what it's like, but is there really a need to put up the fences around houses like that, and so far out of the town?

Yes, very much necessary.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Unless you want your garden used a toilet I'd be wanting a fence!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

They put them up as a precaution, always have done for as far back as I can remember (that's a fair bit lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Thanks all.

I guess I was just surprised how far out of the town they had to go with them.

I presume the approach roads become car parks for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    Thanks all.

I guess I was just surprised how far out of the town they had to go with them.

I presume the approach roads become car parks for the day.

Just for busses, but some of the local Landowners open their fields as car park for a fee.
    I miss the days when you could walk into the village and get a glimpse over the hedges at the gigs - seems very churlish to put screens up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jamesyboy19

does anyone know the best place to pick someone up after the gig. preferably somewhere that they will not have to walk for ages.
    cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

does anyone know the best place to pick someone up after the gig. preferably somewhere that they will not have to walk for ages.
    cheers:)

Don`t think they operate around slane mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jamesyboy19

haha, you never know!

Advertisement