Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking treatment/stain...starting again

Options
  • 10-06-2013 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

I'm looking for some tips on how to get garden decking looking good again. Basically, it has been power washed {prob bad for it I'm not sure}, then a coat of decking stain was put on it. Then for some reason the second coat used wasn't even for decking, it was a trellis/garden shed type stain, & now a third coat of decking stain again which won't cover over the shed stain unsurprisingly.

Now I'm drafted in, & I think the whole thing needs to be properly stripped & started again using one brand, one colour etc. Where should I begin with this, are there recommended products/methods to properly clean it off before beginning again?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Depending on the base of the shed/fence stain, it could be wax based/water repellent, you might indeed need to strip it back. The decking stain could be water based and wont penetrate through the shed/fence coat of stain.
    A decking oil like Ronseal decking oil has a colour in it so would do the job for you.

Advertisement