Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prison visiting

Options
  • 09-06-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

hello my boardsies.hope I am in the right section. anyways I have a close friend who is incarcerated.I want to visit him but have been told by the wife that his visitors list has been filled.she then told me these are the names that will stay on the list for! the duration of his sentence.is this true or is she talking ****e
    apologies again if I am in the wrong place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

She or He doesn't want you visiting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Whats he inside for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

How does your wife know that the list is full?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Any pics of his missus?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

hello my boardsies.hope I am in the right section. anyways I have a close friend who is incarcerated.I want to visit him but have been told by the wife that his visitors list has been filled.she then told me these are the names that will stay on the list for! the duration of his sentence.is this true or is she talking ****e

I'm not 100% sure now myself but I'll tell you what I can do for you. I'm going in myself next week to see your friend, got the VO (visiting order) on Thursday. So I'll ask him if it's true or not, or what the story is, and post back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

She's talking ****e. They can change the names on the list this month for next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Specialun wrote: »
    Whats he inside for?

He quoted a pic in the You Laugh You Lose thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'm not 100% sure now myself but I'll tell you what I can do for you. I'm going in myself next week to see your friend, got the VO (visiting order) on Thursday. So I'll ask him if it's true or not, or what the story is, and post back.

Why abbreviate if you're just going to type the full thing anyway? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Bring him in some worn knickers.
    He"ll love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I find it's polite to type the whole thing, use the abbreviation after the first instance in brackets. For the remainder of the text, you can then just use the abbreviation.

For instance:

OP, I LOL (laugh out loud) at your predicament. I will continue to LOL at you for the remainder of this post.

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

She's talking ****e. They can change the names on the list this month for next month.

Changes to visitor lists are no longer permitted except in exceptional circumstances, the number of visitors on the panel has however increased to compensate for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

Not everyone is down with the aul prison lingo, shank, shiv, Big Jerry and whatnot. But the smarties will appreciate the acronym. Makes 'em feel smug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

He quoted a pic in the You Laugh You Lose thread.

Lucky to get life

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I want to visit him but have been told by the wife that his visitors list has been filled.
    Is it possible wifey blames you for him getting caught, and is doing this out of spite?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Don't ask how I know but, the number of visitors varies from prison to prison. If your friend is a trustee he will be allowed more visitors. Lists can be changed on a monthly basis. Normally 3 would be allowed so mam, dad and girlfriend. If they have a child it wouldn't be counted as a visitor. You're being told a lot of bull. Any other questions pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

dueaug wrote: »
    Don't ask how I know but, the number of visitors varies from prison to prison. If your friend is a trustee he will be allowed more visitors. Lists can be changed on a monthly basis. Normally 3 would be allowed so mam, dad and girlfriend. If they have a child it wouldn't be counted as a visitor. You're being told a lot of bull. Any other questions pm me.

I have some questions

do prisoners wear stripey uniforms ?
    can I put a bastard file in a cake ?
    and who turns off the lights at night ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pawspaws

mattjack wrote: »
    I have some questions

do prisoners wear stripey uniforms ?
    can I put a bastard file in a cake ?
    and who turns off the lights at night ?

No
    No
    The prisoners do, they have lightswitches in their cells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Have you ever killed a man

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Any pics of his missus?

Classic..lmao:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Camrat wrote: »
    Classic..lmao:D

what does Lmao mean ? is it a facebook word ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Some prisons allow 5 to 6 names to be put on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

thanks all for the replies. I am gonna ring em in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

mattjack wrote: »
    what does Lmao mean ? is it a facebook word ?

It's a bit like ROFL but a little less exuberant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's the anti-Biggins.....how do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

What made him choose the sentence instead of the death penalty?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

You know you can just post the lipstick to your mate OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

IIRC you can have 6, 8 or 10 visitors(including solicitor) on your list depending on privilege level ie basic, standard or enhanced, don't ask me how I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

wexfjord wrote: »
    IIRC you can have 6, 8 or 10 visitors(including solicitor) on your list depending on privilege level ie basic, standard or enhanced, don't ask me how I know.

Yeah, all you have to do is text 'Enhanced' to 53100.

Advertisement