Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Laptop Constantly Updating

Options
  • 09-06-2013 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

My Toshiba Satellite Laptop is about 3 years old and it has developed the habit of constantly updating itself, every second time I shut down it sets about installing updates. Is this normal?

Can I switch it off and jsut do them occasionally, surely these updates can't be very crucial.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

What version of Windows are you using? An explanation of the settings and how to change them are here - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/windows-update-settings-windows-7.htm

You can also check manually for updates, just open Windows Updates and click "Check for Updates" in the sidebar. Follow the prompts to install.

Always make sure that your Windows, Office, Flash, Java, Silverlight, etc updates are installed in a timely manner. Unpatched software is a magnet for infections and malware.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Is it coming up and saying at any stage that updates have failed? This is quite common especially when .Net framework updates are involved. You might try manually updating as outlined in the above post but uncheck all the updates and do one at a time.

Advertisement