Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Canon 5000

Options
  • 09-06-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine who knows I'm into photography gave me an old Canon 5000 with a pair of old lenses 38-76 + EF 75-300 and an old Lowepro bag.
    My question is would I get much Cider to consume in this glorious weather for said stuff?
    Mods I know it's cheeky but its hot out there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

A friend of mine who knows I'm into photography gave me an old Canon 5000 with a pair of old lenses 38-76 + EF 75-300 and an old Lowepro bag.
    My question is would I get much Cider to consume in this glorious weather for said stuff?
    Mods I know it's cheeky but its hot out there!

possibly 200 euro... stick it on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Check EBay completed listings, generally the best way of finding out what something is 'worth' i.e. what people are willing to pay for it.

The body is worthless. Ebay auctions have expired at 99p with no bids. I can only find two completed listings in which one actually sold, both for £30, and both with that same 38-76mm. The second one is actually for "38-76mm f4.5-5.6 Lens with free EOS 5000 film body!" :)

The 75-300 seems to go for anything from £30 to about £75 or so but there appear to be different types of it or something so YMMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

They are old lens, no caps and need cleaning, I can't be bothered....I might just give them away if u want them Daire?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

They are old lens, no caps and need cleaning, I can't be bothered....I might just give them away if u want them Daire?

Appreciate the offer, but the last thing I need is another system. It's a rabbit hole. You get a body and a couple of lenses, then another body, then there's that one system lens you really really have to get, then there's the ... and the ... and before you know it you have a 'canon' shelf in your press. There's no end to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just stick it on adverts and wait. You might not be able to buy your cider for a month or two though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement