Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Real(lucky) man drive classic cars, crash them and then go for a beer afterwards...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Glad to see he's OK, looked for a second like he was crushed between the car and the Armco.

Fair play to him for getting the car out and using it in anger, too many people have them locked up in museums or private collections, it's people like him that encourage others to get into cars and especially classic cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Surely he got insurance for it. Reminds of that fella in MCLaren in UK, what was his name again? :Pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Red Kev wrote: »
    Glad to see he's OK, looked for a second like he was crushed between the car and the Armco.

Fair play to him for getting the car out and using it in anger, too many people have them locked up in museums or private collections, it's people like him that encourage others to get into cars and especially classic cars.

While I agree to the most part, it is a balance between wanting to see these classics driven as they were intended - and also to ensure that enough are preserved to show future generations what beautiful machines cars used to be!

Also, I really hope that guy had insurance - repairing her won't be cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Surely he got insurance for it. Reminds of that fella in MCLaren in UK, what was his name again? :Pac:

tumblr_m4itnn6OlN1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Doubt anyone is prepared to insure a car as rare as that for racing, if so I'd say he has a hell of a premium or a huge excess! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Red Kev wrote: »
    Doubt anyone is prepared to insure a car as rare as that for racing, if so I'd say he has a hell of a premium or a huge excess! :D

If you've the money to insure a quarter of a million Bentley then I'm sure you've the money to insure it :D

You'd be mad not to hahha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Third party, fire and theft maybe?

I wonder if he covered his plates on track. You know, in case insurance company see it! :Pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

This post has been deleted.

Third party, fire, theft and racing? :P

Advertisement