Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding on Thomson TWG870

Options
  • 09-06-2013 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi All

I bought a Tenvis IP camera recently and im finding it very hard to setup, i finally get it set up so that i can view it over the wifi but i want to be able to view it while im out of the house either from the 3G network on the phone or from another wifi location. I tried setting it up but cant get my head around it at all, can anyone help with the port forwarding on this model of router? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I would change the web port from something different then port 80 and change its password before port forwarding. Are you able to access the IP camera from inside the network by entering its IP into your browser?

Setup it with a fixed IP, change port if possible and password and then follow this guide:
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TWG-870/Minecraft_Server.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 45 readymix111

Hi mr.g, thanks for replying but after a week of trying everything and was just about to chuck it out the window i got it working somehow, i think i tried everything possible but it might of been when i set up a static ip address,i went through firewalls, port forwarding, port triggering, ddns setup, i dont think ill ever go for another ip camera again, stick with the standard cctv. Cheers anyway.

Advertisement