Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What plant is this in my garden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭worded

It's the devils lettuce !

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Timfy

Looks like a lily to me... possible tiger lily.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

oh good i planted them and thought they werent going to grow and bloom.I planted them way back in like October.I thought they had died and not sprouted.Thanks I thought they were weeds and was going to cut them.

Also Im wondering will alliums,tulips and hyacinths grow back next year.Im considering killing off the flowerbed and starting with a set of completly different flowers for next spring.
    I have a weedkiller(Hyrotol for paths & patios) that should keep the place plant free for three months.Should I do that or just lawnmower the flowerbed completely and start again.The is it became overgrown with grass recently and I want to clear the place completely from scratch.
    Would clearing the area of all vegetation or just trim the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

depends on the size of the bed but i would not lash in weedkiller.
    i'd dig up the top few inches of vegetation and soil, go deep enough to get bulbs out
    and cover it up, nothing will grow there then till you are ready to replant.
    might as well prep the soil and mix in manure or compost, chicken pellets anything to improve soil a bit

Advertisement