Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question about contact lenses and specsavers

Options
  • 08-06-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I was thinking of trying out lenses for a bit but I know they're meant to be a bit on the pricy side if I got them from specsavers themselves. The problem is that I can't order them online straight off though since I don't have the correct information. If I went into specsavers, would they have the information for the lenses or is the information for glasses and lenses different?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if its a topic already covered by the way. I couldn't see anything about it already :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Stickjesus wrote: »
    I was thinking of trying out lenses for a bit but I know they're meant to be a bit on the pricy side if I got them from specsavers themselves. The problem is that I can't order them online straight off though since I don't have the correct information. If I went into specsavers, would they have the information for the lenses or is the information for glasses and lenses different?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if its a topic already covered by the way. I couldn't see anything about it already :)

If you've never worn contact lenses before you will need to be fitted for them to ensure they are not going to do any damage. It will usually involve a chat with the optometrists about what you want to use them for, a discussion about the best type for you, some tests to see if you are suitable. You will then be thought how to put them in and take them out and you will usually get 1 weeks trial.

Contact lenses are classified as medical devices so they need a prescription for them and it is different to your glasses prescription

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Stickjesus

Ok thanks. I guess I'll have to go in and get a consult then.

Advertisement