Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satan;The most misunderstood Son in the universe

Options
  • 08-06-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

The first verse of the bible tells us "In the beginning God created the heavens & the earth"Not quite correct-a vast host of Angelic Creatures was used to complete the vast work involved.But of course God wanted all the praise to come to Him.Bit like you completing an important project at your work & your boss getting all the praise.Same thing again when the earthly creation was completed-all praise for the work to go to God.So at this time a few of the angelic host must have become a bit annoyed at the fact that they did not get any credit for their efforts.So when God put the Edenic Cherub in charge of the earthly creation he saw his chance to receive some recognition which should rightly come to him.By using his free will in this way he annoyed God becouse he was no longer getting all the praise.So Satan is the most misunderstood Son in the universe.This is because he used his God-given free will to make decisions for himself.God doesn't like it when His creation uses their free will this way.He then bad named him Satan.I think he got a really bad deal form his Father.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Interesting take on it. I like Mike Carey's version in Lucifer, or Anne Rice's in Memnoch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

So Satan is the most misunderstood Son in the universe.
    how can you be misunderstood when you've never actually existed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The first verse of the bible tells us ...
    What do you mean, us ..? First rule of effective communication: know your audience. :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Quick question? Are you an atheist? OR do you Believe in A God?

By the sound of your question you seem to believe in God and are confused by the Biblical teachings.

I'm just wondering about the point of the thread? Is it to find out more about Satan or to explain biblical texts or to confirm your non belief?

One thing that I find interesting is that if your an atheist why bother talking about God or the Bible...isn't that kinda like talking about the tooth fairy.

So what is it you want, to be a Believer or non Believer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

It's interesting what isn't in the bible - it's very vague as to what an angel is, or what Satan/the devil is, or what that talking snake in the garden of Eden was. Even things like Heaven and Hell are only vaguely alluded to.

• Advertisement

Actually even the snake thing is kinda questionable.....it's says Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made.

Sure it was a snake? Might be like those alien creatures in V.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Terrlock wrote: »
    Quick question? Are you an atheist? OR do you Believe in A God?

By the sound of your question you seem to believe in God and are confused by the Biblical teachings.

I'm just wondering about the point of the thread? Is it to find out more about Satan or to explain biblical texts or to confirm your non belief?

One thing that I find interesting is that if your an atheist why bother talking about God or the Bible...isn't that kinda like talking about the tooth fairy.

So what is it you want, to be a Believer or non Believer?

Is your post aimed at the OP or every Atheist,Agnostic, Religious and Spiritual person who posts here now and again....

It's an A+A forum there's always going to be discussion about Gods and Religion etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Yeah, but if you start a post with "the Bible says", and expect us to take that as gospel (pun intended), you may be in the wrong forum. Speaking for myself: the many manifest contradictions in the Bible aren't a philosophical challenge to me, they're just a reminder that I have better things to do with my time than worry about the cognitive dissonance of others. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

goose2005 wrote: »
    It's interesting what isn't in the bible - it's very vague as to what an angel is, or what Satan/the devil is, or what that talking snake in the garden of Eden was. Even things like Heaven and Hell are only vaguely alluded to.
    Got the angle part sorted. Thank holygod for google!

An angle is the figure formed by two rays, called the sides of the angle, sharing a common endpoint, called the vertex of the angle.

I'll check the rest later.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Buzz84

Exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

bnt wrote: »
    Yeah, but if you start a post with "the Bible says", and expect us to take that as gospel (pun intended), you may be in the wrong forum. Speaking for myself: the many manifest contradictions in the Bible aren't a philosophical challenge to me, they're just a reminder that I have better things to do with my time than worry about the cognitive dissonance of others. :rolleyes:
    Fr. Ted: Who says I'm a racist?
    Colin: Everyone's saying it, Father. Should we all be racist now? What's the official line the church is taking on this.
    Fr. Ted: No, no.
    Colin: Only the farm takes up most of the day and at night I just like a cup o' tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself to the ol' racism.

:D

Geomy wrote: »
    Is your post aimed at the OP or every Atheist,Agnostic, Religious and Spiritual person who posts here now and again....

It's an A+A forum there's always going to be discussion about Gods and Religion etc

It's is aimed at the OP. I just want to understand what he is trying to get at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EpiphoneWelsh

Hi Magicbastader If Satan does not exist who was Job up against in the Book of Job? Also,who was it that tempted Jesus to bow down and worship him following Jesus 40 days in the wilderness? Anyway my point is that Satan got a raw deal and has been painted the bad guy down through the centuries-which he is not.God wants to look squeaky clean-which he is not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

If Satan does not exist who was Job up against in the Book of Job?
    Morgoth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's probably the most fundamental way you could possibly be misunderstood. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi Magicbastader If Satan does not exist who was Job up against in the Book of Job? Also,who was it that tempted Jesus to bow down and worship him following Jesus 40 days in the wilderness? Anyway my point is that Satan got a raw deal and has been painted the bad guy down through the centuries-which he is not.God wants to look squeaky clean-which he is not.

Ah here, you're not getting this are you.

You need to go to the Christian forum. While you're at it you might want to mention how many angels you think you can get on the end of a pin.

smcgiff wrote: »
    Ah here, you're not getting this are you.

You need to go to the Christian forum. While you're at it you might want to mention how many angels you think you can get on the end of a pin.

None. The head of a pin is round. No angles. Unless you consider the fractal nature of the pin head surface. Then it's angles all the way down. So, infinity angles or all the angles. Whichever is bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Nobody. None of this exists. Nothing!

Your last sentence could be a record for Logic Fail : Words ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Isn't there a sect that runs/ran something along the lines of what Epiphone is saying? The Christian God is really the Devil because he created imperfect creations or something.
    I want to say Albigensians or the Cathars... Anyway. They got themselves wiped out. Nice little Chrisitian on (sorta)Christian crusade action in France or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I didnt see it myself Joe, but its the Nephilim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wait, is this like Miss Universe?
    Claims to be universal but is really only on earth?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

biko wrote: »
    Wait, is this like Miss Universe?
    Claims to be universal but is really only on earth?

Or Baseball's 'world' series....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The first verse of the bible tells us "In the beginning God created the heavens & the earth"Not quite correct-a vast host of Angelic Creatures was used to complete the vast work involved.But of course God wanted all the praise to come to Him.Bit like you completing an important project at your work & your boss getting all the praise.Same thing again when the earthly creation was completed-all praise for the work to go to God.So at this time a few of the angelic host must have become a bit annoyed at the fact that they did not get any credit for their efforts.So when God put the Edenic Cherub in charge of the earthly creation he saw his chance to receive some recognition which should rightly come to him.By using his free will in this way he annoyed God becouse he was no longer getting all the praise.So Satan is the most misunderstood Son in the universe.This is because he used his God-given free will to make decisions for himself.God doesn't like it when His creation uses their free will this way.He then bad named him Satan.I think he got a really bad deal form his Father.

What the f**k is up with all these heavenly creatures wanting praise and worship for what they have done.

God wants us to worship him for creating us, even though for an omnipotent being creating us was as easy as not creating us.

Satan wants praise for helping God. The angels want praise for following God. The demons want praise for rebelling against God.

The entire celestial world sounds like the worst bits of My Super Sweet 16.

Cookie.GIF

Hi Magicbastader If Satan does not exist who was Job up against in the Book of Job?

Satanist on the Atheism & Agnosticism forum

doing_it_wrong_bike.jpg

Zombrex wrote: »
    What the f**k is up with all these heavenly creatures wanting praise and worship for what they have done.

God wants us to worship him for creating us, even though for an omnipotent being creating us was as easy as not creating us.

Satan wants praise for helping God. The angels want praise for following God. The demons want praise for rebelling against God.

Cookie.GIF

Stay on topic. There's already a biscuit thread.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Wait, are we talking about Satan or Keyser Söze? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ILoveGuinness

Why are most responses simply redirections for this Christian to go to a different thread?? Do we all aim to post things on Boards just to get every following thread to agree with us? If there are ONLY pro atheist comments on the A&A forum where does the discussion start?? I'm an atheist but can understand why he posted it here! He wants a discussion surely!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Why are most responses simply redirections for this Christian to go to a different thread?? Do we all aim to post things on Boards just to get every following thread to agree with us? If there are ONLY pro atheist comments on the A&A forum where does the discussion start?? I'm an atheist but can understand why he posted it here! He wants a discussion surely!?
    The first verse of the bible tells us "In the beginning God created the heavens & the earth"Not quite correct-a vast host of Angelic Creatures was used to complete the vast work involved.But of course God wanted all the praise to come to Him.

I think I know why the OP wasn't taken seriously. See, he came in to A&A and began with the sentence I have highlighted...do you see how he may have gotten off on the wrong foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Zombrex wrote: »

Did you say Super Sweet 16?
    super-sweet-inspires-art.gif

• Advertisement

I'm an atheist but can understand why he posted it here!

Can you please explain it to the rest of us then?

His question assumed/required the truth of Christianity as a given. What is the point of asking a question that can only be answered by those who assume the truth of Christianity, on the A&A forum? The Christian forum would seem a much better place.

Advertisement