Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT and Yellow Steering wheel light - B6 Passat

Options
  • 08-06-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi

Having driven the car for 2yrs now with the light on its now time to NCT it again. I got it diagnosed at the time as the steering torque sensor. The problem is to fix it properly I'd need to get a new rack (thanks VW after sales! :-)) which I don't intend doing anytime soon for a stupid sensor as the car is driving fine.

So my question is will the car automatically fail the NCT with this light on? There seems to be some ambiguity surrounding dash lights and NCT failures. I know airbag and braking system lights are a failure but not sure about this scenario.

Thanks
    Jhet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Wife's car had nct last week.Engine management light on for intermittent speed sensor fault.popped into local indi on way to center.cleared all errors from the ecu.passed test,management light back on next day.Might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Cheers bud. I remember I tried that at the time. Got a guy to clear the fault but it came on a couple of hundred yards down the road so i don't think that will work for me barring I managed to borrow a vagcom unit and bring it to the NCT centre with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

JHet wrote: »
    Cheers bud. I remember I tried that at the time. Got a guy to clear the fault but it came on a couple of hundred yards down the road so i don't think that will work for me barring I managed to borrow a vagcom unit and bring it to the NCT centre with me :D

I clear lights outside test centres all the time. What part of the country are you in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭nct tester

no that wont fail unless its affecting the steering physically. only a matter of time id say before faults on electric power steering become a fail tho, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Cheers lads. I'm based in Leopardstown area incidentally.

Thanks "NCT tester" that gives me some piece of mind. I'm just going to put her through in that case and see what happens! :)
    Not affecting the steering in any way shape or form, car still drives same as the day I bought it so I think it still should be good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement